W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > October 2008

minutes of 2008-10-08 telecon

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 16:08:54 +0200
Message-ID: <48ECBEF6.1090004@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>

All,

The minutes of our today's telecon are available now for review at 
http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format 
below). Thanks Michael for the scribing.
I have updated http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList

   RaphaŽl

---------

    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
08 Oct 2008
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Oct/0040.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-irc

Attendees
    Present
           Erik, Raphael, Yves, Thierry, Davy, Silvia, Michael
    Regrets
           Jack
    Chair
           Erik
    Scribe
           Michael

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1. ADMIN
          2. [6]2. ISSUES
          3. [7]3. USE CASES
          4. [8]4. STATE OF THE ART
          5. [9]5. AOB
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference

    <trackbot> Date: 08 October 2008

    <raphael> Scribe: Michael

1. ADMIN

    Erik: Accept minutes?

    <raphael> +1 for accepting the minutes

    Yves will take care of the Wiki issue right after call

    <raphael> RESOLVED: minutes from 2008/10/01 telecon accepted

2. ISSUES

    -> [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Issues Issues

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Issues

    Raphael: I've structured the issue on the Wiki, most seem to concern
    all UC
    ... temporal seem ok spatial is still open

    Silvia: temporally connected fragments?

    Raphael: Video UC

    Silvia: multiple URIs is hard to deal with, though I see it is
    needed

    Raphael: Thinking back of the interview, edited in two parts

    <raphael> Silvia points out the complexity of multi-fragment URIs

    <raphael> Given what Silvia suggests, I think this issue is related
    to the playlist UC

    <nessy> xspf = playlist format

    <raphael> The question boils to: can a multi-fragment URI be
    implemented as a playlist? is it the same thing?

    Silvia: follow up on F2F

    Erik: spatial fragment shape?

    Raphael: Might be a matter of complexity, maybe in the second phase
    of the WG?

    <raphael> Silvia suggests to look at the image maps specification

    Raphael: will look into it

    <scribe> ACTION: Raphael to look into image maps spec re spatial
    fragment shape [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Raphael

    Erik: containers and substreams

    Silvia: From HTTP POV we're looking at resources
    ... in the media POV a container
    ... however re RTSP the format the container
    ... should focus on HTTP

    Raphael: Wouldn't is make sense to list all container formats we
    want to deal with?

    Davy: ack to support container formats

    <raphael> Is the Matroska (mkv) format relevant for example?

    <Yves> documenting what we investigated is good for other people to
    find out where we are coming from once we have a solution

    <raphael> +1 for documentation

    +1

    sorry, for whom?

    <scribe> ACTION: Davy and Erik to document container formats
    [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-3 - And Erik to document container formats
    [on Davy Van Deursen - due 2008-10-15].

    Erik: In-context / Out-of-context

    <raphael> The wiki section is badly phrased, should be rephrased

    <Yves> the difference between a fragment and a complete resource
    (which can be a part of something bigger), depends mostly on the way
    we identify the fragment

    Erik: Representation and Implementation Issues
    ... URI Fragment / URI Query

    <raphael> thanks Silvia, most appreaciated you took this action

    <Yves> I would note that ';' is another separator that ca be useful
    here

    <scribe> ACTION: Silvia to flesh out how far can we go with a hash
    URI regarding the interaction between the UA and the server
    [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-4 - Flesh out how far can we go with a
    hash URI regarding the interaction between the UA and the server [on
    Silvia Pfeiffer - due 2008-10-15].

    Erik: Fragment Name and Description

    Raphael and Silvia agree on non-semantics of the labels

    Erik: Status of a Media Fragment

    <raphael> Problem with ? is that the query is a new resource, or at
    least no formal connexion between the fragment and the parent
    resource

    <raphael> Yves, can you put on IRC the link of the draft you're
    talking about?

    <Yves>
    [15]http://www.mnot.net/drafts/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-01.
    txt

      [15] 
http://www.mnot.net/drafts/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-01.txt

    <nessy> [16]http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

      [16] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

    <raphael> Yves, would you like to take an action for checking the
    status of ';' in a URI?

    <Yves> sure

    <raphael> Silvia: ByteRanges has advantages (cachable, proxies,
    etc.) and I'm all for the '#' but 8 years ago, I found the limit of
    the hash URI

    <scribe> ACTION: Yves to check the status of ';' in a URI [recorded
    in [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-5 - Check the status of ';' in a URI [on
    Yves Lafon - due 2008-10-15].

    Erik: Protocols

    <raphael> Yves notes that defining a range unit as as easy as
    defining a new header

    <raphael> +1 for learning how RTSP fragments work

    Sivia: my in-line action here is well covered

    Erik: Server, Caches and Proxies

    Silvia: would be nice to find a generic way
    ... however, seems not too realistic

    <raphael> Silvia: would propose to cover HTTP (+ HTTPs, FTP)

3. USE CASES

    Erik: going through UCs

    Raphael: working on the Map and Multi Resolution UC
    ... zoomify providing input

4. STATE OF THE ART

    ->
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/State_of_the_Art

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/State_of_the_Art

5. AOB

    Erik: put logistics and agenda for second F2F in Gent are online

    <raphael> Logisitics page:
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/GhentLogistic

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/GhentLogistic

    <raphael> IMPORTANT: book your hotel before Nov 8th for getting the
    discount !!!

    <nessy> +q

    Silvia: file upload enabled?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Davy and Erik to document container formats [recorded
    in [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Raphael to look into image maps spec re spatial
    fragment shape [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Silvia to flesh out how far can we go with a hash URI
    regarding the interaction between the UA and the server [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: Yves to check the status of ';' in a URI [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version 1.133
     ([25]CVS log)
     $Date: 2008/10/08 13:04:53 $

      [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 8 October 2008 14:09:36 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:31 GMT