W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > October 2008

minutes of 2008-10-01 telecon

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 16:23:02 +0200
Message-ID: <48E387C6.8000003@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>

All,

The minutes of our today's telecon are available now for review at 
http://www.w3.org/2008/10/01-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format 
below). Thanks Jack for the scribing and Yves for the clean-up.
I have updated http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList

   RaphaŽl

---------

    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
01 Oct 2008
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Oct/0000.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/01-mediafrag-irc

Attendees
    Present
           Davy, Jack, Michael, Raphael, Yves, Silvia
    Regrets
           Vassilis, Erik
    Chair
           Raphael
    Scribe
           Jack

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1. ADMIN
          2. [6]2. Use Case and Requirements
      * [7]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

1. ADMIN

    <scribe> scribenick: jackjansen

    raphael: opens meeting and greets everyone.
    ... Comments on the minutes?

    <nessy> +1

    <mhausenblas> +1

    all: accept

    raphael: will create wiki page capturing current email discussion
    ... What's the currrent status of use cases?
    ... start with media annotation. Sylvia?

2. Use Case and Requirements

    Sylvia: not much progress, busy.
    ... Did look at accessibility issues. Results into wiki TBD.

    <nessy>
    [8]https://wiki.mozilla.org/Accessibility/Video_a11y_requirements

       [8] https://wiki.mozilla.org/Accessibility/Video_a11y_requirements

    Sylvia: For the moment, can be seen at another wiki, url here in the
    chat.

    <mhausenblas> Michael: Silvia, refer to ->
    [9]http://blog.gingertech.net/2008/09/27/demo-of-new-html5-features/
    Demo of new HTML5 features

       [9] http://blog.gingertech.net/2008/09/27/demo-of-new-html5-features/

    raphael: next use case, media delivery. Davey?

    Davey: not much yet, will do soon.

    raphael: only server side issue?

    Sylvia: no, also protocol (in addtion to client and server)

    michael: is client/server important?

    <Yves> you also have to check if the client is responsible for
    crafting a specific request, and not just a regular HTTP request
    with a carefully crafted URI for the server

    <Yves> (ie: delegate processing on the two sides, or only
    server-side)

    <raphael> Jack: distinguish between functionalities and
    implementations

    <raphael> Silvia: HTTP is ok as protocol ... question is rather
    working on the headers

    Yves: does this mean we're doing a protocol or not?

    Silvia: open issue.

    Michael: need to involve TAG in the process early.

    raphael: will take care of it.
    ... next use case, media linking.

    <mhausenblas>
    [10]http://community.linkeddata.org/MediaWiki/index.php?Interlinking
    Multimedia

      [10] 
http://community.linkeddata.org/MediaWiki/index.php?InterlinkingMultimedia

    Michael: also fine-grained linking, see posted url.

    <Yves> I wonder, once we have a URI to define a media fragment, what
    is the difference bewteen a link and a bookmark (which is a link
    from a page, or an internal db)

    Michael: it's not only about humans, but also agents (?). Bookmarks
    for humans, links for agents.

    raphael: shall we separate the two use cases, then?

    Michael: ok.

    Sylvia: fits to media playlist UC.

    raphael: merge the two?

    Sylivia: dunno.

    jackjansen: aren't these mashups?

    <raphael> Yves: not merging, but put under the same umbrela Media
    Linking and Media Playlist

    Sylvia: playlists are simpler than mashups.

    Michael: ca people think about whether UCs are for humans or
    computerrs, please?

    raphael: who takes responsibility for search UC and browse UC?

    Sylvia: maybe later, not now.

    Raphael: on to photobook UC. Erik isn't here, Davy?

    Davy: no real news yet.

    raphael: map and multires UCs.
    ... Investigating how this works in current technology, expect
    results next teleconf.
    ... audio UCs, no volunteers yet.
    ... but karaoka is like annotation.
    ... video UCs.

    Sylvia: not looked into browser UC yet.

    <raphael>
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/State_of_the_Art

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/State_of_the_Art

    raphael: next agenda point, state of the art.

    Yves: how should we structure this?

    raphael: don't know yet.

    Michael: common way to describe things will make life easier in
    future.

    jackjansen: how about initially structuring this from a
    source-technology point of view? With one person per technology?

    raphael: ok.
    ... Jack can do SMIL, Sylvia CMML.

    Sylvia: also worked on MPEG21.

    Davy: can also look at mpeg21.

    raphael: I can look at SVG.

    <mhausenblas> Michael: re HTTP and URI I can take care

    <Yves> and I will help as well

    Sylvia: have http ideas as well.

    Yves: me too.

    Sylvia: let's try and have some data by f2f.

    raphael: good idea.
    ... I will look at key issues, create page (?)

    Rapheal: AOB?

    <nessy> [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Glossary

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Glossary

    Sylvia: have created page about what a video resource is.

    <nessy> already created that in the glossary

    Michael: like the drawing.

    <Yves> Yves also likes the drawing :)

    raphael: closing meeting. Next time will go into UCs deeper.

    <mhausenblas> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [13]scribe.perl version 1.133
     ([14]CVS log)
     $Date: 2008/10/01 13:03:29 $

      [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 1 October 2008 14:23:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:30 GMT