Re: video use-case

From: Raphaël Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 13:52:42 +0200
To: Pierre-Antoine Champin <swlists-040405@champin.net>

Dear Pierre-Antoine,

> I suggest the following addition to the "Video UC's" section of [1]
>
>   Variations of a video fragment
>
> Some video streams (e.g. DVD titles) may be viewed in different versions
> based on user's preferences: different soundtracks, different subtitles
> (if any), sometimes different angles (e.g. live music DVDs). When
> specifying a fragment of those streams, it should be possible to specify
> which variation is considered. However, it should also be possible for a
> fragment to be under-specified with regards to variations: sometimes,
> one would like to address the fragment with a specific soundtrack and
> angle (e.g. "the lips do not move accordingly with the voice"), but
> sometimes a fragment does not depend on a particular variation (e.g.
> "the kiss scene").

Thanks for your comments. I have updated the use case description on the
wiki:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Use_Cases_%26_Requirements#Video_UC.27s
Note that your comment is also related to what Jack has expressed in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Sep/0024.html
I will create a specific Issues wiki page summarizing the issues
encountered until here.
Best regards.

   Raphaël

--