From: Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:38:22 +0900
To: public-media-fragment@w3.org

A quick introduction before I start posting here :-)

Silvia mentioned that I might like to get involved. I developed the
Annodex project with her at CSIRO, so some of the discussions of this
WG cover familiar territory.

My main focus has been on server and editing aspects: efficient ways
of creating temporal subviews of a media resource. Although the
encapsulation mechanisms I've been focusing on are built around Ogg,
the retrieval mechanism can be readily generalized.

Recently I've been doing some analysis of HTTP caching efficiency for
these methods of serving temporal subviews. I'd like to share these
results with this group, and also make suggestions for how to best
handle HTTP retrieval. I hope that these will be useful!