W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > November 2008

RE: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 19 November, Telecon 10:00 UTC

From: Hausenblas, Michael <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:25:52 +0100
Message-ID: <768DACDC356ED04EA1F1130F97D29852014C635F@RZJC2EX.jr1.local>
To: "erik mannens" <erik.mannens@ugent.be>, <public-media-fragment@w3.org>


Erik,

Regrets for tomorrow's telecon from me as well.

Cheers,
Michael

----------------------------------------------------------
 Dr. Michael Hausenblas
 Institute of Information Systems & Information Management
 JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
 Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA

 <office>
    phone: +43-316-876-1193 (fax:-1191)  
   e-mail: michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at
      web: http://www.joanneum.at/iis/

 <private>
   mobile: +43-660-7621761
      web: http://sw-app.org/

 upcoming: http://webofdata.info
----------------------------------------------------------



-----Original Message-----
From: public-media-fragment-request@w3.org on behalf of erik mannens
Sent: Tue 2008-11-18 00:27
To: public-media-fragment@w3.org
Subject: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 19 November, Telecon 10:00 UTC
 
Dear Media Fragmenters,

 

 

Attached you find the agenda of our teleconference next Wednesday. Please,
note the *NEW* hour, the teleconference will be between 10:00 and 11:00 AM
UTC. I hope everybody finds the time to do what was promised. Have a nice
day.

 

 

Sincere greetings,

 

Erik

 

----

 

AGENDA Teleconference

W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2008-11-19

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, 19 November *10:00-11:00 UTC*

Local time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=19
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=19&month=11&year=2
008&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0> &month=11&year=2008&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0


19 November 2008, 1000 UTC

                  0200 (West US)

                  0500 (East US)

                  1100 (Amsterdam)

                  1200 (Athens)

                  1900 (Seoul)

                  2100 (Sydney)

Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)

Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99

Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152

Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")

Duration : 60 minutes

-------------------------------------------------------------------

IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665

W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client

Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim

Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html

Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chair: Erik Mannens

Regrets: Raphael

ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList

Scribe: Vassilis Tzouvaras (On Deck: Jack Jansen)

 

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by members
and invited experts only.

 

1. ADMIN:

 

* Roll call

* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 5th & 12th November 2008 telecon:

http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-minutes.html

http://www.w3.org/2008/11/12-mediafrag-minutes.html 

 

ACTION-9: Yves Lafon, Make a poll for suggestions for telecon hour ... DONE

 

ACTION-1: Yves Lafon, Contact Google AC Rep re member of MediaFrag WG till
next week ... Yves, status?

 

2. SECOND F2F:

* Registration: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGF2F2/ 

* Logistics: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/GhentLogistic

* F2F draft Agenda:

 

3. PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT

 

3.1 Use Cases & Requirements Draft (Silvia)

* See:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Use_Cases_%26_Requirements_Dr
aft 

* Review from Jack:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0053.html 

* Review from Guillaume: in preparation

* Review from Raphael:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0044.html


 

3.2 Types of Fragment Addressing (Guillaume)

See:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Types_of_Fragment_Addressing 

 

ACTION-8: Yves Lafon, Look at more deeply if it is possible to use the
current HTTP header linking for a fragment to point to its parent resource

 

3.3 HTTP implementation (Raphael)

See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation 

 

3.4 RTSP implementations (Davy)

See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/RTSP_implementation 

 

ACTION-10: Jack Jansen, Review the RTSP implementation document

Review from Jack:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0051.html 

 

3.5 Existing Technologies Survey (Erik)

See:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Existing_Technologies_Survey 

 

4. ISSUES

 

* See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Issues 

** Cache discussion:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0000.html
(and whole thread)

** Scenarios from Davy:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0031.html


** Proposal from Silvia:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0033.html
(identify for each codecs and containers in which scenario they belong to)

 

5. AOB

 

 
Received on Tuesday, 18 November 2008 12:27:41 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:31 GMT