RE: Squid experts

From: Davy Van Deursen <davy.vandeursen@ugent.be>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:29:56 +0100
To: "'Media Fragment'" <public-media-fragment@w3.org>

Hi all,

>>I think we are theorizing a lot and are not actually looking at
>>concrete codecs. We should start getting our hands dirty. ;-) By which
>>I mean: start classifying the different codecs according to the
>>criteria that you have listed above and find out for which we are
>>actually able to do fragments and what types of fragments.
>I agree, we should create a new page on the wiki starting from this mail
>from [2]. I will try to work on that in the next days.

I have created a new wiki page [1] regarding the issues discussed above. It
also contains a table providing an overview of the features of media formats
we consider (in the context of fragment axes). Feel free to comment, add, or
correct ;-).

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_Fragment_Caches

Best regards,

Davy Van Deursen

Ghent University - IBBT
Department of Electronics and Information Systems Multimedia Lab