W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > November 2008

minutes of 2008-11-05 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 12:12:34 +0100
Message-ID: <49117FA2.1080509@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>

All,

The minutes of our today's telecon are available now for review at 
http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format 
below). Thanks Davy for the scribing.
I have updated http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList

Please, fill in *asap* the questionnaire Yves has just opened at 
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/mftelcontime/ for determining the 
hour for our next telecon!

   RaphaŽl

------------

    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
05 Nov 2008
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0019.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           Raphael, Erik, Yves, Guillaume, Jack, Davy,
           Michael_(irc_only)
    Regrets
           Michael, Silvia
    Chair
           Raphael
    Scribe
           Davy

Contents
      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]telecon hour
          2. [6]minutes acception
          3. [7]second F2F meeting
          4. [8]preparation of working draft
          5. [9]Issues
          6. [10]AOB
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

telecon hour

    Yves: propose to have it 1 hour later, but we should ask it to
    Silvia

    raphael: any problems if it starts 1 hour later?

    <mhausenblas> I'm fine with one hour later

    raphael: proposal to start the telecon at 10:00 UTC

    <mhausenblas> +1

    <erik> +1

    <scribe> ACTION: yves to make a poll for suggestions for telecon
    hour: 10:00UTC or 9:30UTC [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-9 - Make a poll for suggestions for
    telecon hour: 10:00UTC or 9:30UTC [on Yves Lafon - due 2008-11-12].

minutes acception

    <erik> +1

    <Gui> +1

    raphael: any objections for minutes (phoneconf and f2f)

    <erik> +1

    <mhausenblas> fine with me - no objections

    jackjansen: I did not scribe all day

    raphael: minutes accepted
    ... goes through the action items

second F2F meeting

    raphael: encourages to fill the questionnaire

    <rtroncy> michael, please fill
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGF2F2/

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGF2F2/

    <mhausenblas> ok

    erik: please make your arrangement asap (preferable before
    8/11/2008)

    raphael: no agenda yet, suggestions are welcome

    <Gui>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/GhentLogistic

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/GhentLogistic

preparation of working draft

    1. Use cases and requirements draft (Silvia)

    raphael: take time to read it and provide some comments
    ... any comments yet?
    ... suggest to take 2 nominates to review this document

    jackjansen: I will volunteer

    Guillaume: I will also review it

    <scribe> ACTION: jackjansen and Gui to review the use cases and
    requirements draft [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Jack

    2. Types of Fragment addressing (guillaume)

    raphael: idea was to describe 4 dimensions to address fragments

    guillaume: description of possibilities of media types and these
    dimensions

    yves: regarding linking to a parent resource
    ... I will look more deeply into that next week

    3. HTTP implementation (Raphael)

    raphael: more information next week
    ... 3th protocol: file implementation

    <Gui> ://

    s/file/file://

    <Yves> file always get the full result, so identifying fragment
    forces seeking

    <rtroncy> 4. RTSP implementation (davy)

    <rtroncy> See:
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/RTSP_implementati
    on

      [16] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/RTSP_implementation

    <rtroncy> Davy: I describe how to address a track and a temporal
    fragment in rtsp

    <rtroncy> ... some feedback would be nice

    <rtroncy> ... is there any more specialist of rtsp in the room?

    <rtroncy> Jack: I will read it!

    <rtroncy> ACTION: Jack to review the RTSP implementation document
    [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-10 - Review the RTSP implementation
    document [on Jack Jansen - due 2008-11-12].

    5. existing technologies survey (erik)

    raphael: merge this to the state of the art page

    erik: I can only look at it from 15/11/2008
    ... it will be ready at second F2F

    Guillaume: how to give feedback on drafts?

    raphael: write mail to the mailinglist
    ... provide the version you have reviewed
    ... give comments section per section

Issues

    raphael: caching discussion
    ... time ranges is really hard

    <rtroncy> Jack: i think time is complex and cache should not
    necessary try to understand time ... thus only cache bytes range

    <rtroncy> Davy: I do not say exactly the contrary, but i'm arguing
    about implementation

    <rtroncy> Jack: caching time ranges requires cache server to do
    recombination ... so have knowledge about the various media
    container formats

    yves: implementation hard or not, if we no it can be done, than
    there is no problem

    Jack: caching based on byte offsets will work on 99% of the cases

    <rtroncy> Yves: when the implementation is done ... it is done! We
    know it can be done ... implementation difficulty should not
    influence the design

    jack: it would work with time ranges, but I see no advantages

    Yves: with time ranges, you can directly request the fragment

    jack: I fully agree
    ... I think we should leave this issue open

    raphael: more discussion on the mailinglist

    <erik> +q

AOB

    <Yves> regrets for me next week (HTTP meeting)

    <rtroncy> thanks davy for the scribing

    <rtroncy> close ACTION-7

    <trackbot> ACTION-7 Request a new time slot on the Zakim bridge
    closed

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Jack to review the RTSP implementation document
    [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: jackjansen and Gui to review the use cases and
    requirements draft [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: yves to make a poll for suggestions for telecon hour:
    10:00UTC or 9:30UTC [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [21]scribe.perl version 1.133
     ([22]CVS log)
     $Date: 2008/11/05 11:05:52 $

      [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 5 November 2008 11:13:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:31 GMT