Re: How to check if mediaElement.srcObject can be used

On 09/10/2018 04:55 AM, Ben Wiley wrote:
> Hi all, I'm new to this list.
>
> I'm wondering if there is there a reliable cross-browser way to
> determine whether `mediaElement.srcObject = stream` is available. It's
> a bit awkward to test for since it's a property assignment, not a
> method call.
>
> Ben

Answering the question (partly): Check if "srcObject" is in
HTMLMediaElement.prototype.

That should give you the answer about whether or not it exists; I don't
know of a portable way to check what types can be assigned to it, but
checking its value after assigning to it seems to be the Javascript way.