Re: Default to an optional/advanced constraint?

Two comments:

1. This doesn't seem to warrant any special treatment.  It is a
definition of the maximum resolution that the device can provide.  If
someone asks for precision down to 1mm, and the device can't deliver,
then they don't get that device.

2. Why is this precision specified in such an arcane fashion?  When
talking about measurement accuracy, the normal method is to define the
size of the error.  Can this "precision" be specified as a continuous
value with 1== one metre error; 0.001 == one millimetre error.  (If
you want to advance to entry-level metrology, then we might also talk
about the probability of error in each measurement.)