Re: Request for review: mediacapture-depth

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 09:55:53 +0000
To: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
> On 14 Mar 2016, at 13:51, Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>
> On 04/03/16 10:31, Martin Thomson wrote:
>> Can we get an update on implementation status?
>
> Anssi, is this something you can provide?

I'm not in a position to speak on behalf of the browser vendors since AFAIK no public signals yet.

FWIW, Crosswalk (that uses a Chromium-based web engine) has shipped similar APIs, see:

https://crosswalk-project.org/blog/crosswalk-realsense-webapi.html

(Here's how these things fit together: the mediacapture-depth provides the low-level API appropriate to be implemented in web engines, while the high-level APIs implemented in Crosswalk are optimized for common use cases, built atop the same low-level primitives. Since the use cases are (mostly) shared, you could play around with the Crosswalk demos to get an idea of the possibilities of the mediacapture-depth.)

Thanks,

-Anssi