[mediacapture-depth] Setting unit in constraints

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 14:34:50 +0000
To: public-media-capture@w3.org
dontcallmedom has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-depth:

== Setting unit in constraints ==
The way constraints for mediastreamtrack have been defined is to allow
 browser-mediated negotiations of allowable ranges in which an
application can operate on the said track.

Using this to indicate the unit of the reported values seems a poor
application of that concept, since there is no particular reason why
one would negotiate between meters and milimeters (or at least, I
can't see what reason); in general, I'm not sure there is any value in
 saving the developers from a division or multiplication by a fixed
number (1000) here.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-depth/issues/100 using your GitHub
 account