Re: [mediacapture-fromelement] HTML Media Element captureStream() should avoid protected/encrypted content

On 12 January 2016 at 02:40, Miguel Casas <mcasas@google.com> wrote:

> Martin, can't we have protected content of a Single Source Origin?
> And what should be done if such situation ever arises, start capturing
> blanks, fire an Event, throw an Exception?

Say you load content into a <video> tag using MSE.  If that content is
protected, then MSE should force that content to become cross-origin,
otherwise this all goes sour.

I believe that the right model is thus:

 1. The MediaStream(Track) will happily carry cross-origin content.
 2. Sinks (<video>, RTCPeerConnection, WebAudio) should define what they do
with cross-origin content.