Re: Using enums to avoid default true in "settings dictionaries" (#466, #467, #471)

On 2/17/16 3:54 PM, Peter Thatcher wrote:
> Sorry for my ignorance of WebIDL-ish things, but I still don't
> understand how using a enum value as the default is different.  The
> only "bad case" I've seen is that we wouldn't want
> "createOffer({voiceActivityDetection: undefined})" to send VAD, but
> even with the default being an enum, that still happens, doesn't it?

Webidl enums are strings [1], and according to ToString() [2] undefined
turns into "undefined", which I suspect throws as invalid input for this
enum, so it shouldn't happen (though I should test it).

That's my understanding anyway,

[1] https://heycam.github.io/webidl/#es-enumeration
[2] http://people.mozilla.org/~jorendorff/es6-draft.html#sec-tostring

.: Jan-Ivar :.