Re: [mediacapture-main] Pull Request: Extend iframe with a new allowusermedia attribute (issue: #268)

On 10 February 2016 at 07:56, Adam Bergkvist
<adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com> wrote:
> Given that it's not clear in what state the "floating proposal" is in,
> it might be worth documenting our solution under the current
> circumstances (i.e. without the consensus for the "floating proposal").
> With a note as Stefan mentioned.

Is it possible to modify Donald Duck's car to remove the specifics of
the delegation mechanism and then try to get greater certainty about
this plan?

I'm personally not yet convinced that this general approach (require
delegation) is going to float.  I've not seen anything more concrete
than the Chrome figure of 3.5% of requests for permissions arriving in
iframes.  I don't know what assessment others might make from this
information, or what additional information they might want in order
to make a decision, but on the face of it, this is too high a number
to break without a little more careful study.