Re: [mediacapture-main] Pull Request: Extend iframe with a new allowusermedia attribute (issue: #268)

On 05/02/16 23:12, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:
> On 2/5/16 9:35 AM, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
>> On 05/02/16 12:29, Martin Thomson wrote:
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iaocsSuVrU11FFzZwy7EnJNOwxhAHMroWSOEERw5hO0/edit
>> It seems to me that the essence of the "floating idea" is that only the
>> top level origin should be shown in user prompts (even if the request to
>> use certain resources is made by an iFrame).
>>
>> This seems mostly in line with PR #313. IIUC, #313 adds that any page
>> embedding an iFrame must deliberately set the allowusermedia attribute
>> for that iFrame to be able to ask for user media. And if it is the top
>> level origin only that will be shown in the user prompt, it makes total
>> sense to me if the top level origin can prohibit an iFrame to ask for
>> user media.
>
> The floated idea seems to conflict with any "on-by-default" for access
> in iframes whatsoever, so I trust we don't have that in PR #313?

Unless I am totally mistaken, #313 introduces "off-by-default" for
access in iFrames. Currently there is no way (defined in the spec) the
parent origin to control if an iFrame can access microphones/cameras
using gUM, #313 introduces a control (and as said permission is off by
default).