Capture-fromelement: Strength of reference to canvas?

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 22:50:19 +0100
To: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
A question that came up while implementing capture from Canvas:

Is the reference from the capturing track to the Canvas a strong
reference or a weak reference?

If it's a strong reference, and all other references to the canvas are
lost, we can assume that the picture will become a still picture.

If it's a weak reference, and the canvas is garbage collected, we would
have to assume (and the track should say) that the track ends.

Which do we want?

(I also filed this question as
https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-fromelement/issues/17)

Harald