Re: Screensharing - Application restricting whole screen

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 12:07:32 -0800
To: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, "Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@unify.com>, Mathieu Hofman <Mathieu.Hofman@citrix.com>, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com>, Media Capture TF <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On 25 November 2015 at 06:29, Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com> wrote:
> It's about making it harder for them unintentionally to do so.

So what is wrong with being able to check after the fact?

I have to say, this seems a lot like security shibboleth.  You are
right, that this sort of thing only prevents accidents, but correcting
a mistake and preventing it are much the same here.  I expect that the
browser will offer warnings in the case that you choose to select an
entire monitor anyway.