Re: About onaddtrack/onremovetrack

On 2015-05-22 22:49, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:
> On 5/21/15 10:28 AM, Iņaki Baz Castillo wrote:
>>> Events are synchronous, so when they happen in a synchronous call, should it
>>> not happen before the call returns?
>> I don't think that events should be synchronous. They may be called in
>> future loop iterations after the function returns.

This is pretty much the issue. What is requested in this thread is an
async event similar to the one fired when the UA adds a track to a
MediaStream as a result of, for example, a network request.

> I vote for least suprising, and think we should be consistent with the
> rest of the web platform, unless we have a good reason.

I totally agree that we should be consistent with the web platform here,
but I'm not sure what that is. To be honest, the synchronous event
dispatch behavior of the focus event kind of surprised me.

/Adam