ImageCapture extensions for depth (was: Depth image capture workflow proposal for Web)

Hi Giri,

> On 24 Mar 2015, at 09:00, Hu, Ningxin <ningxin.hu@intel.com> wrote:

[...]

> Besides the settings, regarding to ImageCapture constructor and FrameGrabEvent:
>
>>> 2. capture pipeline: by new ImageCapture(stream) in image capture pipeline. I propose to extend constructor of ImageCapture to take a MediaStream object instead of MediaStreamTrack object for aligned color+depth use case.
>>> 3. request a capture sample: by grabFrame().
>>> 4. data access: by extending FrameGrabEvent with depthMap. For {'video': true}, only imageData is populated. For {'depth': true}, only depthMap is populated. For {'video': true, 'depth': true}, both imageData and depthMap are populated by aligned capture.
>
> What do you think about this proposal?

... and here's the proposal in terms of IDL (consider strawman):

  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2015Mar/0026.html

Please let us know what you think. We're happy to send PRs against the mediacapture-image spec. I suggest we bake the proposal in an experimental branch, and share it for wider review with the Task Force.

Thanks,

-Anssi