Re: Request for feedback: Media Capture and Streams Last Call

On 6 July 2015 at 11:12, Joe Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com> wrote:
> Would this be identical to the filtered-vs-unfiltered-results criterion used
> by enumerateDevices() to determine the inclusion of labels, etc.? It seems
> logical to me that it would be exactly the same, since the aim in both
> places is to defeat fingerprinting.

No, the unfiltered information is only available when the site is able
to use the source, either because they have a persistent permission or
because the stream is active.

This only changes the persistence story.  When gUM consent is granted,
the current random seed is persisted to disk.  The current spec
requires that the value be persisted when enumerateDevices is called.