Re: Github repo notifications

* Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
>If this proves useful, we can then easily look to adapt it to the other
>repos of the task force (as well as to the WebRTC repos if the WebRTC WG
>sees it as useful.)

I am still finding these intolerable and am considering to unsubscribe.
Current issues include that

  issue_comment.created-69305595-1420791600-sysbot+gh@w3.org
  issues.closed-45102993-1420791600-sysbot+gh@w3.org

are supposedly in reply to

  issues.opened-45102993-1412686253-sysbot+gh@w3.org

but that message does not exist. They also change Subject headers. One
message has a space before "now", the other message has a tab and a
space before "now" and then also a "Closed: " prefix in front of the
whole Subject line. It also seems one of the messages is redundant with
the other (I am guessing closing an issue with a comment creates two
mails, both with content that would easily fit in a tweet; email is not
the right medium for individual messages like that). They are also not
distinguished by their Date headers, so sometimes I see the "Closed: "
mail first, other times the closing comment mail.

I also get practically useless threads like "[mediacapture-main] new
commits pushed by adam-be" with a new mail every couple of minutes when
somebody is editing a document. These are all just spam as far as I am
concerned and this is using the wrong medium or using the medium wrong
if you want. Use status.net or Atom or xmpp or whatever for these kinds
of messages. I already made a suggestion how to use email appropriately
for this kind of content.
D-10243 Berlin · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
 Available for hire in Berlin (early 2015)  · http://www.websitedev.de/