Re: "Implementing <audio> on top of..." (Re: Initial draft of mediacapture-output spec posted)

This is all pertinent to my point.  I don't particularly care about
Streams, or MediaStreams, or whatever - if they're not the right
primitives, then let's fix that.  (For what it's worth, I think I currently
agree with you that MediaStreams aren't "stream-like" - at least, in
Domenic's current concept of Streams.)  But regardless, we need to build up
from the bedrock, and show our work in the successive layers from bedrock
APIs to higher level APIs like most of Web Audio.  Bedrock, in my
particular milieu of audio, requires an API to enumerate and examine the
capabilities of audio-capable devices and a way to pipe bits in and out.