Re: Input needed: Cancelling a permission request?

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 15:31:53 +0100
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
> Our alternatives include:

> - Not doing anything, letting apps deal with the issues as described
> above, or living with it

>From my experience I do not like that no-solution because indeed it
fixes nothing :)

> - Adding a timeout parameter to getUserMedia, which allows the prompt to
> fade away after a while

Don't like. Better let the app to use its own setTimeout and call
cancel() as the bullet below suggests.

> - Adding a "cancel" mechanism wehre a the gUM promise can be resolved by
> the Javascript not the platform, leading to the prompt disappearing

Like it.

getUserMedia() may return something (regardless it is Promise based or
not), so we could do:

var gUM = navigator.getUserMedia(........);

navigator.clearGeUserMedia(gUM);

Similar to clearTimeout() and so on.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo