Re: Screen sharing function name

On 02/09/2015 11:22 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 10 February 2015 at 04:28, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com> wrote:
>> getX and requestY?  Why not just use "get" for both, ie getScreenShare()?
>
> Because one can have a persistent grant and can thus be a simple
> retrieval operation.  The other is always a request.

Did I miss something?

I don't see that in the current specification
(http://w3c.github.io/mediacapture-screen-share/#security-and-permissions).

In particular, I would be surprised to see an application running with
elevated permissions (I translate this mentally to "installed
application", but I guess that's only one instance of such things) cause
an user interaction request before grabbing a surface.

Harald