Re: Canvas capture update

On 12 August 2015 at 06:11, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
> When is a canvas painted?
> Is this a display-triggered event or a Javascript-triggered event?

My understanding is that painting is a term of art, because the canvas
spec doesn't actually define it.  My (limited) understanding of the
terms:

draw puts stuff in the canvas in a somewhat abstract sense
paint turns that collection of shapes and junk into a raster image
display pushes that to a screen (Andreas used the word "render" for
this, but my understanding of that word more closely matches paint

It is also my understanding that you don't need to display a canvas in
order to get it to draw and paint stuff.