Re: Media Capture and Streams Last Call review; deadline May 15

Hi Nigel,

On 15/04/2015 17:28, Nigel Megitt wrote:
> It doesn't seem
> appropriate to define solutions right now, but it's conspicuous that the
> only MediaStreamTrack @kind values listed are audio and video and the only
> track source types are camera and microphone.

FWIW, there are already two separate specifications that extend these
concepts:
http://w3c.github.io/mediacapture-depth/
http://w3c.github.io/mediacapture-screen-share/

The focus of Media Capture and Streams has been on getting media streams
from microphones and cameras, but we also designed it to be adaptable to
other sources.

> Can I suggest that the HTML Accessibility Task Force and Web Content
> Accessibility Guidelines Working Group also be invited to provide review?

Our LC call for review had already been addressed to the HTML and PF
Working Groups (the parents of the HTML Accessibility Task Force), but
for sake of explicitness, I have forwarded our call for review to the
task force directly; it hasn't appeared on the list yet, so it may need
to be approved by the moderator.

I have not forwarded it to the WCAG Working Group, since I think the PF
Working Group is usually in charge of ensuring that new Web technologies
can be used in an accessible fashion; I expect the PF Working Group
would bring input from the WCAG WG if needed in any case.

> I will also make the Timed Text Working Group (which I co-chair) aware,
> though conceivably the members will not take a direct interest - just an
> indirect one.

Thanks, much appreciated!

Dom