Re: Status of Promise's in gUM discussion

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 7:33 AM, Stefan Håkansson LK <
stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:

> Hi Ekr,
>
> On 13/10/14 15:55, Eric Rescorla wrote:
> > Stefan,
> >
> > I don't think this is an accurate summary of the situation.
> >
> > When I proposed the compromise in your CfC, it was intended as a package
> > deal.
> > I certainly am not OK with moving to promises on these APIs without a
> > backward
> > compatibility story as well. I suspect that others feel the same.
> >
> > If you want to declare consensus on just the points you have here, you
> need
> > to do a separate consensus call on adding promises *regardless* of
> backwards
> > compatibility.
>
> as far as we can tell, there is no support for blocking the introduction
> of promises for navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia, applyConstraints
> and enumerateDevices pending the resolution of how to document the
> backwards compatibility.

Well, I expressed precisely this opinion on the call, so I'm not sure where
you got this idea.

Again, if you want to declare consensus on this, you need to do a call
specifically on this point, not try to mindread.

-Ekr