Re: Strawman Promises consensus position, based on Thursday's telechat

On 10/3/14, 6:00 AM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> *
>
> In the version of getusermedia that gets sent out for Last Call, we
> make the following changes:
>

>  *
>
>     navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia gets changed to return a promise.
>
>  *
>
>     applyConstraint returns a promise.
>
>  *
>
>     enumerateDevices returns a promise.
>
>  *
>
>     navigator.getUserMedia has callbacks
>
>  *
>
>     We do not re-discuss whether or not to remove
>     navigator.getUserMedia from the spec in the foreseeable future (2
>     years?)
>
> *

I can live with it.

> *
>
>  *
>

> <<< note: I*'**m not sure if the next piece belongs or not. It serves
> to make the definition complete,
> and was certainly described in Jan-Ivar's slides. Comments welcome. >>>
>
> *
>
> The definition of navigator.getUserMedia in the spec will be that it
> will behave exactly like:
>

> navigator.prototype.getUserMedia = function(constraints, success,
> failure) {
>   var p = navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia(constraints);
>   p.then(success, failure);
> }
>
> *

Yes that matches the prose [1] in the pull request fwiw.

PS: Not to sway anyone's opinion or anything, but I just learned that
iOS8 supports promises.

.: Jan-Ivar :.

[1]
http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jan-ivar/mediacapture-main/compromises/getusermedia.html#methods-3