Re: getCapabilities() as both static and object method?

> I ignored the UA's possible prompting in the descriptions; the "Sorry"
> messages would come from the error handlers in the Javascript,
> handling the failure callback from getUserMedia.

Your example is a strawman. Mandatory constraints let software probe
without bothering the user until there's something to bother the user
about. If there's a difference here, it's not this.

Why did we invent a whole language to solve this prescriptively -
"Here's what I want" - to just ask "what do you have?"

.: Jan-Ivar :.