Re: getCapabilities() as both static and object method?

> The need as identified  is to know what constraints are recognized by
> the platform before calling getUserMedia (that is, before we have any
> instances to call the function on).

Would this method return just the constraint names understood by this UA or actual values?

If the latter, what values? Some union (or intersection?) of all camera capabilities on a user's system?

getUserMedia is prescriptive, and unknown mandatory constraints fail, so I don't see why we need this method.

.: Jan-Ivar :.