Re: UserMediaSettings

On 03/18/2014 07:40 PM, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:
> On 3/18/14 10:06 AM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:

>>> Correct, things are optional by default, so it would be:
>>>
>>> navigator.getUserMedia({ sourceId: 'A', require: 'sourceId' }, succ,
>>> function(){
>>>    navigator.getUserMedia({ sourceId: 'B' }, succ, failure);
>>> });

>>> Yes, it is hard to judge what's acceptable when we don't root things
>>> in real use-cases.
>>>
>>> SourceId strikes me as the "anti-constraint", i.e. how one subverts
>>> the normal process, so we should perhaps not design the normal
>>> process around it?
>>>

>> I think it works well as a constraint - sometimes you definitely want
>> a specific source, sometimes you would prefer one but can live with
>> anything, sometimes you just want the system to pick one.
>
> Sure, but when would you prefer two? That's the case you brought
> forth, and we're asking what the use-case for that is.

The only case I can think of that comes reasonably naturally is an XBox,
where there might be an external camera (sometimes connected) and a
Kinect (which may be represented as two cameras, one with real video and
the other one with depth information).

I may be eager to avoid the depth "camera"; neither of our proposals
have an "any value but..." option.