Re: UserMediaSettings

On 3/17/14 2:33 AM, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
> On 2014-03-15 23:29, Martin Thomson wrote:
>> On 14 March 2014 16:24, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca> wrote:
>>> Two optional constrains, the first one saying the source is A and the second one saying the source is B.
>> Or you could try this:
>>
>> navigator.getUserMedia({ 'sourceId': 'A' }, success, function() {
>>     navigator.getUserMedia({ 'sourceId': 'B' }, success, failure);
>> });
> Hm. Would you not need to push in a "require: 'sourdeId'" in the first
> gUM? Otherwise it would be "prefer" and if treated like optional mean
> that gUM would succeed even if it could not be satisfied.

Correct, things are optional by default, so it would be:

navigator.getUserMedia({ sourceId: 'A', require: 'sourceId' }, succ, function(){
    navigator.getUserMedia({ sourceId: 'B' }, succ, failure);
});

>> It seems like the example is basically contrived, so why not incur the
>> additional user prompt?

Yes, it is hard to judge what's acceptable when we don't root things in
real use-cases.

SourceId strikes me as the "anti-constraint", i.e. how one subverts the
normal process, so we should perhaps not design the normal process
around it?

.: Jan-Ivar :.