rationale for getUserMedia on MediaDevices

From: Shijun Sun <shijuns@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 16:45:13 +0000
To: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
Resend to correct a typo ---

In the latest version of the draft, there are two ways to call getUserMedia() within the NavigatorUserMedia.

#1:	NavigatorUserMedia.getUserMedia();
#2:	NavigatorUserMedia.MediaDevices.getUserMedia();

Could someone share the rationale why we need the 2nd option?  I couldn't find any spec bug that led to the change.  It seems it also kind of limits future extension of getUserMedia () beyond the media devices.

Best, Shijun