Re: New Editor's draft v20131225

On 7 January 2014 14:13, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Can you help me understand what left and right are for? I was surprised to
> see them still pointing essentially toward the user rather than in opposing
> directions, but then I never understood their purpose. 3D? If so, why are
> they not pointing toward the environment? (the old HTC Evo 3D phone had its
> stereo cameras pointing toward the environment FWIW - not saying they all
> do).

Left and right are to cover a very common teleconference setup where
you have a room with three cameras, all pointed toward the users.  The
left one points to the left side of the centermost user.

If you have those devices, then it's nice if the browser is able to
render the scene with the output from the left camera on the right on
the receiver side, on the left in self-view.