Re: Conclusions from the constraints spec review

On 2014-02-11 10:51, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 6:53 PM, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no
> <mailto:harald@alvestrand.no>> wrote:
>
>     It started out with a review of the current proposal for the writeup of
>     the constraint mechanism. So far, we've had a lot of discussion (mainly
>     among J-I, roc and myself) about whether it's worth abstracting that
>     away from the use case it was originally created for (getUserMedia,
>     where I think we have rough consensus to keep it more or less exactly
>     as-is),
>

> In my message "More thoughts on Constraints, and a proposal", I
> described some objections to the Constraints abstraction being used
> anywhere, including getUserMedia.

You did, and there was a couple of "+1" responses.

But given the how long Constraints has been in the document, and how
many times we've iterated over it, and how many that are silent, I think
there is no consensus for replacing Constraints.

The merits of making a separate interface of it can be debated, but that
is a separate question we can conclude later when we know more of its
applicability in other specs IMO.

Stefan