Re: Extending MediaRecorder to record from Web Audio node faster than real time?

Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> ©ó 2014/8/28 ¤W¤È10:10 ¼g¹D¡G

> On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> With the above "definition", ChannelSplitterNode is not a problem; the 0'th output (the first channel) of audioNode gets recorded and the others are ignored. We'd just need to say that in the spec.
>
> Let me clarify that:
>
> "new MediaRecorder(audioNode)" records the first output of audioNode (where "output" is defined in the Web Audio spec).
>
> For those unfamiliar with Web Audio: currently only ChannelSplitterNode has more than one output. Each output can have any number of channels.
>
> BTW AudioDestinationNode has 0 outputs so I think if someone creates a MediaRecorder for that node we should just throw an exception. Alternatively we could change the Web Audio spec so it actually has an output (the mix of its inputs). I actually prefer the latter since it's more DWIM; I'll post to public-audio.

 Is it necessary to give AudioDestinationNode an output? Couldn¡¦t we just say that MediaRecorder records the mix of inputs of the destination node for AudioContext, and OfflineAudioCompletionEvent.renderedBuffer for OfflineAudioContext?