Re: Follow-up questions for details on the "min distance" algorithm

On 8/5/14 4:13 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> If we get rubbish in, we shouldn't tolerate it like that.  The
> application developer screwed up somewhere and surfacing that error
> earlier is going to cause less problems in the long run.

It seems out of scope for this algorithm to fail on negative values. No
constraint accepts negative values so far, but that may change.

Negative values may also appear in min, max and plain values and we're
not bounds-checking those.

Sometimes garbage in, garbage out is fine.

IMHO.

.: Jan-Ivar :.