Re: Bare values read as "just this value please"

On 31 July 2014 17:13, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com> wrote:
> A plain value literally is mutually exclusive with {}, almost exactly like
> specifying a value is mutually exclusive with providing ranges and/or hints
> for that value. To me it reads as "just this value please", yet users may
> get cameras that are not 1280 wide or 1.78 aspect here, even though these
> values are specified in the top "required" section.

The top section is not "required".  And "please" is the perfect way to
phrase a request (as opposed to a demand).

> Add to this that plain values in the advanced array are not ideal, and it's
> a semantic mess.

I think that bare values could equal anything and we get the same.

Besides, anything in the advanced array is closer to ideal than a hard
requirement, since if the set of values can't be achieved, it moves on
to the next option.

> Is it truly too late to rectify this?

It's never too late to fix actual problems.  We just have to agree
that there is an actual problem.  I don't see an actual problem here.