Re: WebIDL-compatible syntax compromise

Been thinking about this a while. Overall, I understand the goals here but
it still seems complicated to express the common use case of "please give
me HD, but definitely no less than VGA". As I understand it, this would be
done via:

  {
    require: ["width", "height"],
    width: {min: 640},
    height: {min: 480},
    prefer: [{width: 1280, height: 720}]
  }

which is OK, but I think this would be more understandable as

  {
    require: { width: {min: 640}, height: {min: 480} },
    prefer: [{width: 1280, height: 720}]
  }

which alas, seems like the syntax we already have, e.g.

 {
    mandatory: { width: {min: 640}, height: {min: 480} },
    optional: [{width: 1280, height: 720}]
  }

What am I missing here?