Re: WebIDL errors in WD-mediacapture-streams-20130516

On 9/12/13 3:58 AM, ext Adam Bergkvist wrote:
> On 2013-09-10 12:53, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>> FYI, the WebIDL checker reports a few errors for
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-mediacapture-streams-20130516/:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/2009/07/webidl-check?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FTR%2F2013%2FWD-mediacapture-streams-20130516%2F&output=html
>>

> Thanks for introducing me to this tool.

Sure (and this probably means WebApps' needs to do a better job of
communicating this nice `secret` ;-)).

FYI, regarding testing a spec's conformance to Web IDL, some groups are
using idlharness.js <http://w3c-test.org/resources/idlharness.js>. You
can find some examples of specs using idlharness in
<http://www.w3.org/wiki/Web_IDL> (search for `idlharness.html`).

> The document you checked is rather old (mid May) and it seems like all
> these problems have been addressed. I ran the check on our latest
> dated draft.

Great (and sorry for checking an old rev).

> http://www.w3.org/2009/07/webidl-check?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fdev.w3.org%2F2011%2Fwebrtc%2Feditor%2Farchives%2F20130824%2Fgetusermedia.html&output=html
>

> Comment on the new result:
>
> The script complaints about "typedef sequence<DOMString>
> CapabilityList;". Perhaps the script doesn't handle the tags ("<>")
> correctly because the idl looks ok to me.

Ok, I'll forward this to Dom (I think he still maintains the checker).

-Thanks, ArtB