Re: removing createObjectURL

On 2013-09-11 20:52, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 11 September 2013 02:27, Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com> wrote:
>> createObjectURL() provides us with a link to a set of media sources that can
>> be sent cross window. That functionality can be replicated by the ability to
>> send a MediaStream (implicit clone) over postMessage(). Why complicate
>> things and transfer ownership?
>
> Please, no.  We're talking about removing createObjectURL().
> createObjectURL() reverts to manual resource management, as opposed to
> garbage collection.

Now I'm confused. Perhaps I confused you first with my last message.

What I meant to say was, since we're removing createObjectURL(), we'll
loose the functionality to send a link to a set of media sources to an
other window. That's what started this whole Transferable discussion is
the first place. But to fill that gap, I think it would be easier to
send a clone of the MediaStream object (with postMessage()) and let the
original window remain the owner, instead of transferring ownership.

/Adam