Re: [Marketing Mail] Re: MediaStream Recording : record() method

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Jim Barnett <Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com>wrote:

> however dropped packets are a significant problem.   So strict real-time
> is not a requirement for speech rec, but lossless good-enough-for-humans
> time is.

The spec currently already precludes dropped packets due to resource
exhaustion (indirectly), since exceeding any platform-specific limits MUST
signal a fatal error. So there's no dropping, only end of recording.

I take it that Greg's edit is then OK with you? (recap'd below)

"3. If the timeSlice argument has been provided, then once at least
timeSlice milliseconds of data have been collected, or some minimum time
slice imposed by the user agent, whichever is greater, raise a
dataavailable event containing the Blob of collected data, and start
gathering a new Blob of data. Otherwise (if timeSlice has not been
provided), continue gathering data into the original Blob. Callers should
not rely on exactness of the timeSlice value, especially if the timeSlice
value is small. Callers should consider timeSlice as a minimum value."