Re: Extending createObjectUrl to MediaStream?

On 09/03/2013 07:37 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 3 September 2013 08:10, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>>> (the whole question of "tainting" media with sharing restrictions is a
>>> different question, also interesting.)
>> I don't fully understand this scenario.
> Imagine that you and I want to talk, and we don't trust the site to
> not look at the media we are sending each other.  This is a mechanism
> whereby our two browsers are able to ensure that the media is
> protected from observation or modification by the site.
>
> In essence, the content of the media is marked as untouchable by the
> site in the same way that cross domain images can't be read or cross
> domain frames can't be touched in any meaningful way, except with
> express consent (through postMessage).
>
> If you are interested in learning more about this, I'm happy to
> explain offline.  I'm sure that there are plenty of others who
> understand sufficiently too.
Actually I'm not sure I have all the pieces, which makes it difficult to
shepherd them into specs - if you can come up with text that explains
how all the pieces fit together, and I understand it, that would make it
much easier to make sure the specs actually say what they need to say.

At the moment I'm pretty sure they don't.