Re: Proposal related to bug 22270 "Adding tracks to MediaStream should only be possible for constructed streams"

On 25 October 2013 11:04, Stefan Håkansson LK
<stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
> On 25/10/13 19:04, Martin Thomson wrote:
>>
>> I have no reasons to prevent this.  I appreciate the reasons roc
>> outlines, but honestly, most of the real machinery here is on the
>> tracks, not the container.
>
> The only case when I can see it could matter is:

I'm fairly sure that wouldn't happen.  Since the JS is going to see a
fixed view of the current state of the streams (that's the contract
the browsers need to guarantee regardless of what we define), it will
either see track X or not.  If it sees it, it can add it.

Maybe it's conforming to the contract that is going to be hard.  I
never had much difficulty with these sorts of races when building
plugins, and I'd imagine that browsers have far more sophisticated
tools for this, since this happens for more than just WebRTC.