Re: Releasing media stream created by gUM

On 10/22/13 1:33 PM, Kevin Dempsey wrote:
> I am trying to create a simple wrapper that can be used to embed webrtc
> phone-like functionality into pages provided by a third party. There is
> nothing to prevent multiple copies of this wrapper (or other gUM using
> code) from being included on a single page.
>
> If both 'apps' presented on a single page, call getUserMedia and each
> get a stream with a track that is derived from the same source. When one
> of the apps has finished with its stream how can it ensure that it is
> stopped without affecting the other app's stream.

Ok, so you'd want a way to handle each getUserMedia generated
MediaStream separately. Say gUM call A returned MediaStream A, while gUM
call B returned MediaStream B; if you "revoke" gUM A you'd like all
tracks coming from that call (including cloned ones) to stop, but not
MediaStream B (or clones generated from it) to be affected.

Is that right?