Re: Regarding "Bug 22338 - Arbitrary changing of tracks"

On 6 November 2013 13:40, Stefan Håkansson LK
<stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
> On 06/11/13 20:21, Martin Thomson wrote:
>> On 6 November 2013 02:49, Stefan Håkansson LK
>> <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Do you mean that the UA could at any time (=while in use) exchange the
>>> source of a MediaStreamTrack for another source?
>>
>> Yes.  I think that the best solution for this issue is to invert the
>> text permitting this.  I'd prefer that it be expressly forbidden.
>
> I agree. Let's draft something.

Concretely:

OLD:
Unless and until a new set of constraints is provided, the user agent
MAY change its choice of track at any point, provided that 1) the new
choice does not violate given user permissions, and 2) it notifies the
application code by raising an event. It may wish to do this, for
example, if the user interface or network congestion changes. Note
that no such change will have an effect on the presence or absence of
each type of track, merely the contents.
NEW:
Once selected, the source for a MediaStreamTrack MUST NOT change.