Re: Constructors and cloning

From: Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 09:09:38 +0100
To: Rob Manson <robman@mob-labs.com>, <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On 2013-11-05 08:26, Rob Manson wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> it could be that I've totally missed something (and jumped in half way
> through a conversation) but this thread made me think about "how would I
> use the output from a Video/Canvas pipeline to generate a
> stream/track".  e.g. related to the post-processing use cases.
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2013Sep/0062.html
>
> I'd definitely be happy if you have a pointer to how the output from
> canvas_2d_context.getImageData()'s to create a stream that could be
> added to an RTCPeerConnection (e.g. to send to a peer)?  As far as I'm
> aware this is only possible with gUM...but happy to be shown the error
> of my ways 8)

Thanks for the clarification.

You're right that the API currently doesn't have a way to create a new
MediaStreamTrack from the output of a canvas. What we would need to make
that possible is an API that given an input, creates a MediaStreamTrack
with kind="video". What's being talked about here doesn't prevent us
from doing that.

/Adam