From: Adam Bergkvist [mailto:adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:07 AM
To: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com
Cc: mandyam@quicinc.com; Jim Barnett; public-media-capture@w3.org
Subject: Re: Questions/Comments on Media Stream Recording

On 2013-05-22 22:49, Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com wrote:
> onstop, onerror and maybe onwarning events  could need access  to
> accessor to allow MediaStream termination if needed.

Regarding getting access to the stream being recorded (point 5 in original mail); this is already supported via the event model.

recorder.onstop = function (evt) {

   // find the stream via the event target (the recorder)
   var recStream = evt.target.stream;

   // or if you have a reference to the recorder you
   // can access it directly
   recStream = recorder.stream;

};

/Adam