Re: MediaStream ended vs inactive

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com
> wrote:

> I agree that a final ended state is useful, but it would make more sense
> to base it on something else that all tracks being removed or becoming
> ended. I'll take a stream received via a PeerConnection as an example.
>
> dispatched at B-side by the addstream event: active
> a-side removes all tracks: inactive
> a-side re-adds live tracks: active
> a-side ends-all tracks: inactive
> a-side does removeStream(): ended

What if the a-side's stream reaches the permanently-ended state?

> Perhaps only streams created by getUserMedia() and PeerConnection should
> reach the ended state. That may bring us back to [1].

OK, we could have a separate permanently-ended state, and we could define
that state separately for each kind of stream. We could, then, give
constructed MediaStreams the sort of API I proposed, and/or some way to
explicitly end the stream.

But if we do those things, I'm not sure why an author would want to use
"inactive" instead of just "ended".

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq