RE: questions about direct assignment

Would it make sense to say that on the receiving end, the origin of all Tracks in the PeerConnection is the URL of the sending end?  Or is it the origin of the web page?  The Tracks have to have some origin, don't they?

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Håkansson LK [mailto:stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 7:19 AM
To: robert@ocallahan.org
Cc: Adam Bergkvist; Jim Barnett; Martin Thomson; public-media-capture@w3.org; public-media-capture@w3.org
Subject: Re: questions about direct assignment

On 2013-06-03 09:51, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Adam Bergkvist
> <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com <mailto:adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com>> wrote:
>
>     But the key idea is still that all new tracks that the user agent
>     adds (local in the gUM() case, and remote in the PeerConnection
>     case) have the same origin so the stream would never change origin.
>

> I'm not up to date on the latest thinking on the WebRTC security model
> but this might not be the case for PeerConnection. Imagine if you get
> a gUM track with origin A and add it to a PeerConnection. The remote
> machine sees a MediaStream with a track with origin A. Then later the
> local machine gets a PeerConnection track with origin B and adds it to
> the MediaStream feeding into the PeerConnection. Now the remote
> machine sees its MediaStream get a new track added with origin B.

(cc'ng the public-webrtc list): I may well have missed something, but I don't think there currently is a way to carry origin of
MediaStream(Tracks) over a PeerConnection. And adding it to the signaling would not help because the apps has full access.

It would have to be transported in the actual media (RTP/RTCP) I guess.